Monday, October 20, 2008

What a weekend!


I had a really great weekend! Brindi did too! We entered a UKC agility trial this weekend out at our trainer's. It was a lot of FUN! This is the first UKC trial we have entered in. Each day there were 2 trials, made up of 3 categories. I entered Brindi in AG1, which has most of the standard agility equipment and a couple of unique pieces of equipment, and AG2, which has more unique equipment. The categories are a bit confusing for me. :)

I can see improvements in every run me and Brindi have. Small successes like getting 3 obstacles in a row are HUGE in my book. She ran well Saturday, and then Sunday morning she ran with drive like I've never seen. She won second place in the 2 AG1 trials that morning. And those were Qualifying scores too! So she won 4 ribbons! Plus she earned 2 legs towards her AG1 title. I think she has to have 3 legs before she earns a title in UKC. I'm still trying to learn all about titling in these venues too. Lots to learn! Brindi did pretty good on her remaining 2 runs on Sunday. No "Q's" or placements but she ran well and we learned a lot. I really enjoy playing this game with her, and I think she likes it too!


On the knitting front. I have finished an Elmo hat for Alix. I dropped in on her Sunday to give her the hat. I think she likes it. I know it's a big hit with her mom and dad. I think Alix likes the hat better when it's not on her head though. She likes to look at it and smile. !!!! She's so CUTE!!!



Hope you all had a good weekend. I'm actually looking forward to next weekend. I actually get to sleep in! No agility trials. I do hope we have practice on Saturday though!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That hat is just toooo cute!! Congrats on the agility thing. We will have to try and catch one before the weather turns too cold.

Unknown said...

I would love to see an agility run~

That Elmo hat is adorable on Alix AND Darby!!! Too cute!

Johann The Dog said...

Cute, cute cute!!!! Hat, 2 and 4 leggers!

XinXin said...

The Elmo hat is cute - you are getting extremely talented on the knitting front.

I am glad you are finding a niche in Evansville and building a new support network.