Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!



Happy Holiday! I am very thankful to be an American. I enjoy living here with all the choices we have open to us. It is a great country.

Now having said that I have to say that I hate fireworks. I think I have disliked them my entire life, but now that I have dogs I REALLY hate fireworks. I can't stand to see my poor Sadie shivering, drooling, and cowering with every bang outdoors. She is like this with thunderstorms too. At least thunder is natural. It is truly pathetic to see this beautiful 85 pound lab reduced to shreds with the noise of fireworks. Fireworks bother all my dogs, in varying degrees. Brindi and Darby both hang pretty close to me when they hear them. Cosmo, on the other hand, is aggressive towards them. She leaps and bounds like a gazelle barking as she is heading toward their general direction. She is so funny.

Good news. I got a new digital camera (finally). I broke mine a few weekends ago and I finally broke down and got a new one. It is really cool. I got a Canon PowerShot Elph. I felt horrible not having a camera and found it hard to blog. I enjoy taking pictures of my kidz and of course my beautiful niece Alix. I feel much better now. Also on this shopping trip, I bought a laptop. Boy Howdy, this is COOL! Still trying to get used to it, but I love having it already.



So on this Independence Day weekend I am going to a local agility trial. I am going there just to volunteer either today, tomorrow, or Sunday. I am new to the area and it'll be a great way for me to meet members of the agility club. Plus I just love to watch the dogs run the courses.

I am also planning on taking Darby out to Grandma & Grandpa's at some point this weekend for some practice playing in the lake. I really wish they had a dock we could practice on, but it's nice to be able to play in the lake.

Hope you enjoy your 4th of July!!

No comments: