Saturday, June 28, 2008

Dock Diving Darby?!



Evansville is having their Freedom Festival this weekend. I grew up in the area and have NEVER attending this festival. The weather is typically the reason I have never been. It is usually super hot and extremely humid during the festival.

Anyway, so my first year back home and I am going to the festival. The weather is fairly nice. Not too hot, although we had some nasty storms last night. But the main draw for me is the Dock Diving Dogs!!! I love dog sports. Me and my Mom went today and had a great time. I was in my typical off work attire, dog agility shirt and shorts. We were watching the dogs practice when 2 women came over and asked "Are you Kristie?". I immediately checked to see if for some strange reason I had worn my work ID. Nope. I told them yes, and they said they saw me with an agility shirt on and they knew that I was new to the area (via the local Yahoo agility group)and thought they would introduce themselves. It was very cool. I had "talked" to them online, but had never met them before. They then asked if I had a dog in the competition. I didn't know that anyone could enter. So, I am going back tomorrow with Darby. We are entered in the early am Wake. We have NEVER done any dock diving so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Darby is my Australian Cattle Dog and likely the only one of my dogs who would try such a feat. My main concern is that she will see the size of the pool there and demand something larger than her plastic baby pool at home. :)

Tomorrow is also the finals so there will be a lot of talented dogs out there!
I'll keep you posted. I am sure we will have a FUN time no matter what :)

No comments: