Thursday, September 25, 2008

Agility

Brindi and I had a very busy weekend on September 20th and 21st. We entered a NADAC agility trial in Princeton. We are new to the world of agility so I am constantly learning or trying to learn what each venue offers. NADAC offers 2 rounds of traditional agility, tunnelers, touch and go, weavers, jumpers, chances, and hoopers. I entered Brindi in one round of agility, touch and go, and tunnelers for Saturday and Sunday. We had a great time. The trial was hosted by Agility Club of Evansville (ACE). We are also some of the newest members of ACE. They are a great group of people. Very friendly, helpful, and fun! Saturday everyone was supposed to wear their pajamas. There were both dogs and people dressed up in their pjs. Not me or Brindi though. I didn't have a chance to go out and get some pjs for either of us. Oh well, I think Brindi might have bitten me if I would have made her wear pjs. :)

Sunday was "Q for the Cure". A lot of people wore pink and tie dye for the occasion. I didn't have any pink but wore my trusty agility tie dye shirt. The group also held a half pot drawing. With half of the proceeds going to the Komen foundation. As it ended up the other half ended up going in my pocket as I held the winning ticket. :) That was cool!

Brindi really enjoyed the weekend. Her fave was the Touch and Go class. There was contact equipment (her faves), tunnels (another fave), and hoops. Hoops were new to us, but she liked them because they weren't jumps. :) Because of her height she has to jump any where from 20 - 24 inches. She's a little over weight (we're working on that) so it's harder for her to jump those heights. So for her to go into an agility ring and not have to jump she's in heaven. I definitely caught her smiling this weekend. She had such a good time Sunday morning that she actually won a ribbon! She got 3rd place in Touch and Go. It was great! This is the first thing she has won. It really was AWESOME. I can tell that we are coming together as a team and it's amazing how much more fun it is.



Brindi had a wonderful weekend and is almost all rested up from all the excitement. I am raring to go again. I can't wait for practice this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kristie,
Congrats on the ribbon. Your pups are beautiful and talented, too! Get well soon, Cosmo!~~Lisa