Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cosmo update


Well Cosmo is hopefully on the mend now. She went through 14 days of antibiotics and had a relapse with her uti. The evening of the September 16th, which was the 14th day, I had to take her to the Emergency Vet. She was whining, moaning, and shaking. And of course trying her darndest to urinate constantly. Poor pup! A few hundred dollars later we left the E-Vet and headed home. She had gotten a shot of antibiotics, a bag of subcutaneous fluids, and a new prescription for antibiotics. On the way home she also lost her dinner while sitting on my lap. I thought I was going to hurl too. OMG. I've seen and done a lot, but until then have never had anyone up chuck on me. So when we got home Cosmo sat outside while I cleaned out the Pilot. It was a horrible night!
I had decided that she was going to her vet's office for the next day. I wanted them to get samples and try to figure out what's going on with her. Plus, I didn't think she should be unsupervised for the day. She really felt horrible. Her vet did an ultrasound and luckily didn't see any stones. He took a sample and sent it off to be cultured. We are still waiting for the results of that but she appears a bit peppier and happy. Although she still tries to pee alot.
I am hoping that she is feeling good this weekend so she can go back to agility practice. She LOVES to run the courses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor pup! Hope she is better real soon.