Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mother Daughter Dinner

Sorry, it's been a while since my last post. Been pretty busy. What with the yard work, knitting, playing with the dogs, and entertaining Alix whenever I get a chance to see her.






The Harralson/Owen/Davis/Kaelin women attended a Mother Daughter dinner at my sister's church. We had a nice dinner and had a great time playing games. Miss Alix won the first doorprize of the evening and I won the third. Amanda won one also. Actually I think Amanda won a couple of prizes. We got some daisies for door prizes and Amanda won a massager for having the youngest daughter at the dinner. Amanda also won a "bloomer" too! (inside joke) It was really nice to have 4 generations of my family at the dinner. Here is a picture of Great Grandma Harralson, Amanda, Alix, and Grandma Owen!





Brindi and I have been to our second agility class and had a great time. A lot of time was spent on "around the clock" with the jumps. That just about fried her brain and mine. I just wonder if I'll ever be able to send her to an obstacle from any distance or from any entrance. We have some homework to do for sure. We also worked on weave entries. I had never been taught to try the entry like this, but it makes sense. It's hard to explain, sorry. :(
All in all the second class was a thinking class. Brindi was ready for zoomies after the short drive home.





That's right, short drive. I am only minutes from agility and knitting!! Woo hoo!! I love civilization!!!





Alix's sweater is progressing nicely now. Thanks mainly to my knit mentor, THANKS!!!! I have one sleeve done and am working on the second one. There is hope that I will get this finished in time for Alix to wear it.





I have sort of started Alix's minky quilt. I mean, I have started cutting the blocks for the quilt. Funny thing about the minky fabric, I don't think it's supposed to be ironed. See, I'm used to washing the fabric for my quilts, then ironing them (the only thing I iron is fabric for my quilt fabrics, BTW), and then I start the quilt. Well, when I started ironing the minky the dots began to disappear. I had ironed them out. WHAT?!?!


Needless to say, I didn't do too much ironing. Now I am trying to cut the squares. I probably shouldn't have washed the fabric, because it is now curling up on the sides. DAMN kit projects. Not enough direction in the directions is my main gripe!





Ok, sorry for the rant, but it had to be said.

1 comment:

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Oh hey! You finally guessed who my Mom is!

M-the-V